Per the Party Plan, this caucus has been cancelled. Three delegates for Hillary Clinton, three delegates for Bernie Sanders and one alternate for Hillary Clinton put forth their candidacies prior to the deadline. These candidates are hereby elected to the District and State Conventions.
Whereas, it is the duty of the Fredericksburg Democratic Committee to issue the Call to Caucus for the purpose of electing delegates and alternates as indicated in Appendix B below to the 1st Congressional District Democratic Convention and the Virginia Democratic State Convention:
Now therefore be it resolved that the Fredericksburg Democratic Committee hereby issues the Call to Caucus to convene an unassembled caucus for at 12:00 noon, Saturday, April 16, 2016, for the sole purpose of electing delegates and alternates to the Congressional District Conventions and the Virginia Democratic State Convention, and the following provisions shall govern the convention, to wit:
- Prefiling: Those wishing their names to be placed on the ballot at the Caucus shall prefile their candidacy by 5:00 p.m. April 9, 2016, with the Chair of the Committee. Those who wish to prefile may either file online or by paper form (page 9 of the 1st CD Call to Convention). Forms may be mailed to the Committee (Fredericksburg Democratic Committee, PO Box 1261, Fredericksburg VA 22402). Forms postmarked April 9 or earlier will be considered valid.
- Voluntary Administrative Fee: There shall be a voluntary administrative fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for each person filing for delegate, payable to FDC. Payment of this fee is voluntary. No statement is required in order to waive payment.
- Notice Requirements: The Fredericksburg Democratic Committee shall consider this posting to be the official notice of the caucus as required per the Virginia Democratic Party Plan.
- Conduct of the Caucus: The doors to the Caucus will be opened at 12:00 noon and will remain open until 2:00 p.m. Those in line at 2:00 p.m. will be allowed to complete the check-in process and will be permitted to vote. Those arriving after 2:00 p.m. will not be admitted to participate.
- The Chair or his/her designee shall act as the Permanent Chair of the Caucus. The Chair will appoint other Officers of the Caucus as is deemed appropriate. The Order of the Caucuses shall be governed by the Virginia Democratic Party Plan.
- Cancellations: The Caucus Chair may cancel a caucus provided the number of people who prefile by the deadline is equal to or less than the number of delegates and alternates allocated. Notification of the cancellation shall be posted on the FDC Website and shall appear by 12:00 noon on Thursday, April 14, 2016.